Horseshoe Bay Resort - Unrealistic expectations from an inexperienced CEO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Horseshoe Bay Resort

"Unrealistic expectations from an inexperienced CEO"

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Horseshoe Bay, TX
Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Horseshoe Bay, TX

Pros

Beautiful place to work and live
Guests can be awesome to deal with
Culture of hourly staff is great, I really enjoyed the staff beneath me, they worked hard for me
There are good Managers here, you just may not work for them

Cons

VERY inexperienced CEO with no work history, his Family owns the resort. He has no concept of logistics. Last minute changes to hours of operation abound, no consistency across the board.
For Managers, budget constraints are tied to things beyond your department's control, and you are forced to operate within them at the cost of Service standards.

This is NOT a good career move for a Hospitality professional, stick with Marriott if you can.

By my count we lost over 75 Management level staff members in less than 18 months. Huge management turnover, not conducive to a growing Resort. Gone through 3 General Manager Figures in as many years.

Staff is not valued, I was asked to fire good employees because of minor infractions that barely warranted a write up.

CEO and Ownership family will take up a lot of your time, asking for things that are hard to accomplish during periods of high occupancy, making it impossible to please guests without offending ownership and vice versa.

All outlets are constantly understaffed, with a huge emphasis on "No Overtime".

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO from elsewhere with an actual Resume', keep the family out of running the business. Hire competence, and give the hired Management a chance to run things before changing everything. Value your hourly staff more, they truly are your most valuable resource but you have been telling them point blank that they are replaceable and very easily so.

Other Employee Reviews for Horseshoe Bay Resort

1. "Horseshoe Bay Resort"

I worked at Horseshoe Bay Resort part-time

Pros

Pleasant work environment, good pay

Cons

Ineffective communication with management, little opportunity to move up in the company

2. "So so"

I worked at Horseshoe Bay Resort part-time

Pros

Good money good money good money

Cons

Political environment and unfair advancements to unqualified staffers

Advice to Management

Know who the good seeds are from the bad seeds and stop promoting unqualified people