Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t believe them

Aug 10, 2021 - Sales Associate in La Grange, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get a pay check and it always clears the bank, I have never had a check not clear.

Cons

The management has a different idea of who they are than reality. They paint a really rosy financial picture that isn’t true.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horton's Home Lighting - Easy & Engaging Work

May 3, 2018 - Lighting Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning environment Easy work Engaging industry Excellent staff Casual end of Business-Casual atmosphere Loved working here, it really was one of my favorite jobs. Management supported you, customers were relatively easy to deal with, and the hardest part was when other parts of the supply chain broke down. Setting expectations solves most issues, days were easy, day ended sharply at closing, and never have to take your work home with you. You get to use your brain, and spare your body.

Cons

Company behind on its financial goals, low commissions but decent base-rate and benefits Everything done on old computers or on paper, no DIALux/3D/CAD rendering

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Experience to Build on as a Business Major

Sep 26, 2021 - Cashier in La Grange, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gained good experience relevant to my business degree. - Meeting/ networking with a range of people in different roles and stages of life - practice professionality - gain customer service experience - seeing various business documents - practice time management - lots of opportunity to improve typing skill and number pad skill - seeing the whole of a business since it is a small business - building connections with repeat customers - perfect one's acquaintance with the alphabet There have been countless things I did or saw at this job that were direct examples of things that I learnt in business classes.

Cons

- feet hurt from standing in one place for hours - inconsistent directions from management - low informational justice - not enough managers to handle the work (I have to keep reminding people and checking in on things to make sure they're done in the best interest for the customer)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Hortons Home Lighting.