Hospira - Best people I've ever worked with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hospira

"Best people I've ever worked with"

I have been working at Hospira full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work life balance is excellent, flexibility is widely available. The team is very collaborative and cooperatively organized. My department is well managed and has well respected leadership. People respect each other and their time, they rely on each other and communicate very well so that the company's best interest is always being maintained.

Cons

taking out my own garbage is a bit odd and free coffee or tea would be nice.

Advice to Management

I very much appreciate the work that is being done to turn the company around and rebuild Hospira's reputation. The gap that Hospira fills in the pharmaceutical industry is important and I'm proud to be part of the comeback team.

Other Employee Reviews for Hospira

"Opportunities for Improvement"

I have been working at Hospira full-time

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities, great benefits, good exposure to leadership, great people. There are a lot of good things to say about working here.

Cons

The culture needs improvement, you get the feeling that some departments have a lack of motivation. This will drag you down if you let it.

"if only they would look at what made this company "good to great""

Pros

Great people to work with. One of the only companies that could really say they are part of the solution to the healthcare crisis

Cons

Middle upper leadership - VP Levels - are stuck in the way things used to be and can't seem to find a way to change out dated processes and thought patterns. They seem to be holding on just as long as they can so they can retire with a golden parachute. As long as the good ol' boys are in control nothing will change, there will be no room for growth and creativity.

Advice to Management

Your people stay because they believe in Hospira and what this organization means to patient care. Recognize that and stop following the salary and benefits trends down so that we need to look elsewhere. offer flexible paths to career advancement, TRUST your people becasue your customers trust them.