Hospital Corporation of America - Good people, bad management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

"Good people, bad management."

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Kingwood, TX
Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people contribute to a fun, fast-paced working environment. I love most of the units, and really do look forward to going to work everyday. The people in my department are awesome because everyone helps everyone else out when they are in need.

Cons

There are some really skilled clinicians that work at this facility, but ultimately a hospital is only as good as the doctors that are contracted there. The doctors are subpar, and seem to be concerned more with making a buck than with treating the patient accordingly.

Management says that there is an "open-door policy", but that is a lie. They want people that are going to keep their mouth's shut and do your job. This is mostly to the detriment of the patient because they cut corners wherever they can. Staffing, equipment, and employee benefits are all below average considering other comparable systems.

Pay is subpar comparing to almost any other facility in Houston, and I should know because I have worked many other systems.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Take what they say to heart because it takes a lot of gumption to stand up for what is right. Celebrate your clinicians that come there each and every day looking to grow professionally, and pay them accordingly. Everyone is not the same, and you shouldn't pay them as such either.

Other Employee Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

1. "Strategic Pricing and Analytics"

Pros

It is a great place to work

Cons

Nothing bad to say about my time at HCA

2. "Leadership abysmal"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Tech in Trinity, FL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Tech in Trinity, FL

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for PTO and time off

Cons

Always looked over and managment do not listen

Advice to Management

Listen.