Hospital Corporation of America - Very educational, learned so much more about all aspects of hospital environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

"Very educational, learned so much more about all aspects of hospital environment."

Former Employee - Physician Sales in McKinney, TX
Former Employee - Physician Sales in McKinney, TX

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was working with a facility that provided quality healthcare and leading edge technology.
I was able to work with some incredible physicians and able to help them learn the market and grow their practice.

Cons

No real downsides just took awhile at our local hospital to get equipment and new technology. There was a long process and tight budget due to current economic environment.

Advice to Management

The leadership was fantastic and supportive of our sales positions and what we were trying to accomplish. I love the upper management and had no issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Hospital Corporation of America

"Loved the co workers..... management needs to get out on the floor and see the reality of the job"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great co workers, client and families. Most of the staff are dedicated , hard working professionals. often sacrificing breaks and meals to get the job done

Cons

hours, unreasonable workload. don't always have needed supplies, often had to work thru lunch and breaks. was never able to leave work on time

Advice to Management

step out of management and work the floors for a month --- be the one to put on scrubs and take care of 7-8 patients.... doing total care: meds, assessments, admissions, discharges, wound care, monitoring respiratory status, monitoring for falls - which opens up another whole 24 hour monitor protocol.... .....Then make productive changes. i think by doing that single move will make more of an impact than any study, meetings, or conferences. Employees don''t feel that that their voice is heard.

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time

Pros

Great training for new employees, great friendly atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this job and campus to anyone that is interested in healthcare IT.

Cons

There is a lot of red tape, but that is to be expected with a company this size. Also, with a company this size you can expect some people who have been there for 40 years that might be a bit stuck in their ways. All in all though, it was very tough to say something critical of this job.