Hostess Brands - Do not work here | Glassdoor

"Do not work here"

Pros

decent money, Get off work at a decent hour

Cons

upper management doesnt know anything, mismanagement of funds, treat employee's like crap. Keep taking more from the Route guys, we are already some of the lowest paid.

Advice to Management

Learn what your doing

Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands

1. "rode hard, chewed up and spit out"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Hostess Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no best reason to work here. The benefits are sub par, there is no quality of life, you work a split week where you almost never see your family. The best parts are the employees that are trying to do a good job, even though we dont have the resources to give them

Cons

always having to do work for other districts. DSM is almost never an actual manager, he is just a glorified route driver. upper management shuffles you around like a pawn on a chess board

Advice to Management

upper management could not manage their way out of a paperbag.

2. "Slave Drivers who don't give you a fair chance to learn the job"

Former Contractor - Production
    Former Contractor - Production

I worked at Hostess Brands as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent. From what I heard there's plenty of overtime.

Cons

Some of the trainers I had were nice but others acted as if you should already know how to do the job. They scheduled me to work in certain areas, but would move me to another area instead, sometimes they moved me before I even got started training and during training instead of letting the trainee stay on one task to learn it, they switched around which made it confusing. Some employees acted like they resented my being there. Some people were nice, but I could tell they all had their "clicks" and I didn't know if I would ever be accepted into one of them. A lot of times, I had to ask what to do because everyone would just run about doing their thing and leaving me in the dark. I got to work a total of six days through a temp agency before they decided they didn't want me back due to performance. I never got a fair chance to learn to do any of the jobs or to increase my speed. My first trainer told me (on my last day) that it was a slave driving company and they expected a lot, but not to worry, I would get better. I've never worked any where before that gave you one week of choppy, inconsistent, crash course training and expected you to perform like you'd been working there for six months to a year at the end of the week. It was "hell week" for me and although I would've liked to stay, mostly because of the pay, I'm glad it's over. A week full of back aches, little to no sleep because of being at work at 4 am and working 10 hr shifts, working with some people who wouldn't even speak to me (although a few were nice). There was one person who I'll miss. My first trainer, along with the two other people who work with her on a daily basis, they were genuinely nice to me and tried to train me properly without expecting me to perform miracles.

Advice to Management

Develop better training methods with specific people to be trainers who aren't so arrogant they forget that they had to learn how to do the job too. I really don't think this advice or review will be taken seriously. I don't think this company really cares about their employees. They just care about the money.