Hotcards - Its a union shop. | Glassdoor

"Its a union shop."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The owner is a cutting edge type of person who is aware of current trends and has a great business sense.

Cons

Not all in management possess true leadership qualities required for a productive environment which has led to animosity among the production employees.

Advice to Management

Certain members of management should be properly assessed for their abilities to be effective in their job duties in regards to managing others.

Other Employee Reviews for Hotcards

1. "Loving It!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hotcards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing. We work with an amazing team, and it never feels like I'm at work. From cookies, to pingpong, to nerf-gun wars, we always make work enjoyable while still getting a TON of work done!

Cons

I honestly can't think of one. We are given everything that we need with a strong leader to guide us, and it works perfectly.

Advice to Management

Keep on leading as you do now. The culture that we have is perfect, fun, and beneficial to all employees and customers.

"Not so hot"

I worked at Hotcards full-time

Pros

Coworkers are truly amazing people. They really are the best part about working there. The office looks cool and theres a ping pong table, and often donuts. Great art gallery too.

Cons

CEO lives on cookies and 5 hour energy, and seems like a hyper child skipping through the office. He often would disappear for a day or a week at a time, never telling us in advance. The office was significantly less stressful and we were more productive in his absence.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees. You push for open communication but do not participate. Employees are overworked and under appreciated.