Hotwire - An overall solid experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

"An overall solid experience"

I worked at Hotwire (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here has to be the subject matter -- travel. As an employee you get great travel perks and are encouraged to use them. As for day-to-day enjoyment, it all depends on your team here, and which manager is either making your life amazing or miserable. I loved my immediate team members -- great repor in and out of work, collaborative, supportive. Clear reporting structure where I felt comfortable addressing any issues or concerns with management.

Cons

Career/compensation growth can be slow. My biggest issues came from specific individuals that were hired over the years that I had difficulty working with, which can of course happen anywhere. Also, I felt a lot more warmth/fun/connection in the Hotwire culture than by the time I left. It felt like the culture was shifting to a less happy place.

Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire

1. "Wants to be a leader in business, but pay sucks"

I have been working at Hotwire full-time

Pros

First of all, kudos to the management for making a wise decision to transition from Waterfall to Agile, very late though and probably the last company to adopt a methodology proven in the market 4 years back. It really gives a great feeling as if sitting on a hot seat everyday.. Work is very interesting and challenging and I see a lot more potential for growth and improvement coming on the way sooner..

Cons

Having said growth potential exists, definitely not in terms of pay / position. Don't expect any promotions.. Expect just few biscuits as increment or bonus.. No recognition for the achievers and your manager will not pat on your back for the job well done. Management aims to be a leader in business and wants to use state of the art technology and tools, but pays literally low compared to the industry standards.. Come on, give something to the real workers.. After all, management should not take all the pride & money at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Fantastic show in the last 1 year and good luck for the future..

2. "It is kind of nice."

Pros

Friendly environment and adequate management.

Cons

Slow career growth and not very interesting project.