Hotwire - Best company I've worked for -- hands down. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

"Best company I've worked for -- hands down."

Current Employee - Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Unbelievable travel discounts to start. I've been able to take more trips, for far less money, and really have the work/life balance that I've always wanted in a job, but never had. Hotwire is a very casual place to work in regards to dress code and hours (9-5 most days). I feel comfortable in jeans and tennis shoes everyday. The president is fun/funny/approachable/down to earth/smart/realistic. Everyone around me is extremely smart and talented, which makes for an inspiring work environment. But in the same breath, everyone likes to have a good time. There are ALWAYS events and parties within the company, so you get to know your coworkers well. Hotwire recognizes talent and supports internal growth as much as possible. So great benefits, travel discounts, internal growth opportunities, and a casual/fun environment. Not to mention, we're still hiring, which is a great sign. It's truly the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

I can't think of a lot of downsides to working at Hotwire. If I have to give one, I would say that they do the most work with the least amount of resources possible. But I don't really see that as a downside, but more about just being efficient.

Advice to Management

Provide as much training and guidance for non-management employees to succeed and grow within the company. Make sure the employees are always challenged and growing as individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire

"A fun place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great benefits, 3-4 weeks PTO, travel discounts, fun work culture, casual dress, fitness reimbursement
    A ton of social events: picnics, bowling, indian independence day...if you can name it, Hotwire is probably already planning a party for it
    Smart, inspiring coworkers
    Approachable executive management, who are also smart and inspiring

Cons

Long hours and poor employee moral in certain departments
    Painfully slow process to get anything accomplished
    Overly strategic, so much time is wasted on endless analysis, projections and planning
    Lack of innovation and risk taking can be frustrating at times

Advice to Management

Promote within, give competitive raises, hire internally, cross-train. Provide career growth opportunities to your existing employees and they will feel less inclined to look elsewhere to grow their careers.

2. "Some departments are better than others."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Free soda
    generous bonuses
    fun parties and companywide picnics/outings
    Tuition reimbursement

Cons

I think it's a great place to work as long as you don't work in the department i was in.

One member of the senior management team has revealed themselves to be shockingly unprofessional. Oh, it's shocking.

I went to a department outing where two of the employees jokingly told everyone they were "loved working together so much" and announced "kiss" at the table. And then they leaned over and airkissed each other. Charming.

Advice to Management

Can we please get it together?