Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - I love this place but I am not the right fit for the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

"I love this place but I am not the right fit for the company"

Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX
Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic and are more than willing to help you anyway that they can. The pay is good but the true value in working here as an intern is the experience.

Cons

This is a personal preference but sitting all day is KILLER. It took no time for me to realize that I am not cut out for a desk job. The ergonomics of this job are hard on the wrists and the back.

Advice to Management

Absolutely nothing! This is a great place to work, as long as you can deal with a sedentary work environment!

Other Employee Reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

1. "With the new leadership team onboard, it's a new--and much better--place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leaders have a clear vision of where the company should go, explain it well, and have the drive and abiility to get it done.

Cons

Some mid-level executives are resisting the move to digital but that will soon pass.

Advice to Management

Focus on the future, show us the way, and don't be distracted by the naysayers.

"Chaos!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are truly wonderful to work with and many have worked at HMH for over 10 years. Pay is on target with position.

Cons

The company is in chaos. Just got out of Bankruptcy and things arent any better. Very mixed messages from executive leadership.

Advice to Management

Fix morale. Employees are depressed.