Houston Methodist - Staff RN, Operating Room | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Houston Methodist

"Staff RN, Operating Room"

Former Employee - RN, OR in Houston, TX
Former Employee - RN, OR in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Taught some really good nurses

Cons

Poor management. Not enough staff. Incompetent coworkers. Poor pay

Advice to Management

Pay more money. Too much overtime. Be fair

Other Employee Reviews for Houston Methodist

"3 year employee - Look somewhere else for a job unless you're coming in as management or an MD"

Current Employee - Administration in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administration in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits are better than with most places and it's great resume padding, but that's negated by subpar compensation ... and don't bother asking for more money ... you will get excessive attitude and half insults in return from hr ... they will try to tell you that the subpar comp is balanced out by incentive programs, but all of them are drops in a bucket designed to make you feel like you're making more money when in fact you're making less than you could be somewhere else.

Cons

trust EVERYTHING NEGATIVE you read: working here is like working behind the scenes at Disney World. the culture is fake and mandatory. failure to comply (my pleasure / I CARE Values) can lead to your termination. the nursing staff feels grossly neglected and under paid, as do most non-MD / non-management staff and the organization is well aware of it. the comp structure is set up to protect the hospital against a lawsuit / complaints and not around finding competitive compensation for an employee ... only what they will argue is adequate. you will most likely either be micromanaged or under managed ... either way it'll make you want to leave. it is an organization built on perpetuating a lie. patients may receive great care and they may be leading medicine, but it's at great cost.

Advice to Management

I genuinely believe upper management is so gone that it isn't worth offering advice ... you have encountered a fatal groupthink problem that is hardwired into your culture. You may succeed in continuing to rise to the top, but only in the way a survivor in a mob does ... by standing on the battered and broken bodies of those you have pushed to the ground in an effort to stay alive. I hope you enjoy being the best in the industry. I'm only hitching a ride for as long as my soul can take it.

"Worst"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Houston Methodist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

State of the art hospital

Cons

was hired there from 11th day they started bothering me because they were expecting me to work as 40 yr experienced RN they told me they dont have anytime to train me they need someone working full flash right now since they need it Urgent

Advice to Management

if you cannot train do not hire, make comparisons on same standard,a 2 year experienced RN cannot work as 40 year exp RN,