Houston Methodist - Our ICARE values are not just words on a wall | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Houston Methodist

"Our ICARE values are not just words on a wall"

Current Employee - RN IV in Houston, TX
Current Employee - RN IV in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a nurse since I was 19 years old and have worked in hospitals all around the country. Houston Methodist Willowbrook has been the place I have stayed and made my work home. Every hospital will tell you their mission and values, and has pretty words on the wall. Here at Willowbrook we actually live these values every day. It is apparent from the moment you walk in and it permeates the building. I specifically work in the ICU and CVCU and both of the units work as teams, helping each other, and never allowing a fellow nurse to "drown". We are a Magnet designated hospital, the first of the community hospitals to achieve this and a huge source of pride for us.
Any place can offer you a job; Houston Methodist Willowbrook will offer you a career, and a fulfilling professional journey.

Cons

I used to believe I was missing out on the "action" by working in a community hospital and not in the medical center. However, I firmly believe my hospital is just as capable of caring for the acute patient as any other area hospital. When my family or I need medical care, I come here. There really are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Please never stop offering the opportunities for growth we now enjoy. My career trajectory has skyrocketed since I began working here in 2006, and much of what I've been able to achieve is because of the support of the management and leadership here. I also appreciate the flexibility I enjoy from my current Director in making my own schedule and keeping my own hours - he trusts me to do my job and because of that, I try never to disappoint him.

Other Employee Reviews for Houston Methodist

"A company with strong values that recognizes the contributions of it's employees"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Houston Methodist provides a work environment that is challenging and rewarding. Employees have the opportunity to work autonomously and have a voice in the decision-making process

Cons

As a health care institution, Houston Methodist has experienced the same accelerrated pace of change as similar organizations across the nation. This can be difficult for employees as they respond to change.

Advice to Management

Conitue exhibiting the transformational leadership abilities that have shaped the organization to be one of the best places to work.

2. "Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital is the best place to work."

Current Employee - Patient Access in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Access in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital is great company to work for. They have great benefits and when you reach goals and meet expectations they show gratidude. The pay is great and there is room for advancement within your department or internal transfer within the company.

Cons

Not really much to say because management is always available to talk to when there is a problem or for any issues and they work to resolve them.