Houston Methodist - Overall a very good place to work. Get rid of some dead weight employees and managers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Houston Methodist

"Overall a very good place to work. Get rid of some dead weight employees and managers."

Current Employee - Outpatient Scheduling in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Outpatient Scheduling in Houston, TX

Pros

Very good medical insurance. Mediocre dental plan. Generally a good work environment. Lots of "treats" for employees. Every employee got $200 gift cards for groceries or gas. Pay is pretty average for Texas Medical Center.

Cons

Bad managers and directors. Wish upper management knew what was really going on in some departments. Not alot of room to grow unless you switch departments because many people never leave therefore no where to go but out. This is a very good company, but it could be great! How about you get rid of employees who can't articulate a thought or convey information. Get rid of managers who berate employees and bring down morale.

Advice to Management

Ask the employees how they really feel about management. How morale is. Get rid of deadweight employees who bring it down. How about more diversity in management?

Other Employee Reviews for Houston Methodist

1. "It its a good place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

Pros

Pay is pretty good, and the unit I work on seems to be very good about giving time off. We have pretty good Healthcare provided to us. If we have anything done in the Methodist hospital it is free of charge to us, the employees. They give bonuses on a regular basis for things that should be the norm as hand hygiene and customer service, but it is nice to get them. They are not super big bonuses usually one hundred to three hundred dollars. I work on a pretty small unit which is nice we sort of have a feeling of family and I think Methodist overall has that feeling.

Cons

There are a lot of changes going on at the Hospital and upper management says they don't know what is to happen with the employees in my unit. Am I actually expected to believe that they are spending millions of dollars and they don't have any idea? Please!!! There is also a descrepency when raises are given, it seems to me at times it is not whether or not you are doing a good job it is who you are in good with, if you are good friends with your manger/supervisor. My raises have been fair, but I do see people who get by doing little to nothing and are allowed to to poor jobs. When you go to mangement about their performance and how it effects you they tell you to handle the situation, and that doesn't always work, especially if these people are still receiveing a pay increase.

Advice to Management

Be Open and Honest about our futures

"Great company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

Management respects the employees. Benefits are awsome!!!

Cons

Very large, sometimes employees can get "lost" in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!