Cover image for Houzz

Current Employee

I've Never Had a Better Hob

Feb 18, 2022 - AE2
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Opportunity to Earn, Amazing Leadership, In-Depth Training, Fun Work Enviornment, Fully Remote, Growth/Promotion Potential, Great Incentives

Cons

No cons. It's the best gig I've ever had, and the first time working at a company where I'm invested in the company itself. They build a great culture that's somehow competitive and supportive. Selling and working hard is infectious. They treat us all so well. These are supposed to be cons...I love Houzz.

Continue reading

Houzz Response

Houzz on Glassdoor

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so glad you have found a happy home with us at Houzz and that the program we have put together has connected so well with you! If you have more to share about how we can do better, please reach out. I’d love to talk. Joey Nalevka, SVP Sales and Operations (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great working environment

Dec 1, 2022 - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers and great working environment

Cons

Sometimes work is a little too chill

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Subpar management, but the work is easy if you have a good mindset with escalated customers

Feb 1, 2023 - Customer Service Specialist I in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Benefits 2. Culture (I know some might roll their eyes, but Houzz did well with having an uplifting and nurturing culture through their 'Healthy at Houzz' events) 3. **Very understanding company. Did not feel pressured to perform or else I risked losing my job** 4. Calls are easy and structured to be easy when starting as a CSR 1 5. Provides constant constructive feedback and ways to improve 6. Work hard and you will get praise for a good job 7. Experienced a layoff and they gave ample amount of notice to seek new employment 8. Great diversity and inclusion 9. Good work/life balance. They encourage not stressing about the job after you clock out.

Cons

1. Subpar UPPER management. Pats each others' backs more than employees. (Direct managers and leads were lovely to work with though) 2. When there is a "forecasted" recession or economic issue, they are very quick to let go of employees to keep their bottom line. They will outsource until they make a profit and then start rehiring. 3. **Not very understanding to employees when their bottom line is hurting. They will "read between the lines" tell you to quit when layoffs are happening. Every person for themselves mentality** 4. Upper management will make changes without consulting with CSR 1 5. Upper management will not take into consideration what CSR 1 has to say about procedures that do not work or need improvement including employee experience if it does not align with their thoughts (even though they have so many feedback forms to help improve procedures and/or employee experience) 6. Upper management will say one thing then either not do it or do the exact opposite 7. Pay could be a bit better for the amount of work that needs to be done on cases. A dollar to three dollars increase in pay would be sufficient

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Houzz.

Houzz Careers

Cover image for Houzz

Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz We’re a Family At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our...More

• Engineering
  • Sales
  • Cust Service

Houzz Photos

+ Add Photo
Houzz photo of: Welcome to our European HQ!
Houzz photo of: The Houzz cafe, where teams meet for lunch, office gatherings and, of course, birthday cake!
Houzz photo of: Meeting in the Parisian loft.
Houzz photo of: Meet in the H!
Houzz photo of: The European sports room, which features a ping-pong table and a basketball hoop.
Houzz photo of: Team meeting.
Houzz photo of: Hard at work.

Houzz Job Seekers Also Viewed