Howard Sloan Search - It's a fiefdom, run by the greedy son of the man who built it. The founder, long passed, was a decent, honorable man. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Howard Sloan Search

"It's a fiefdom, run by the greedy son of the man who built it. The founder, long passed, was a decent, honorable man."

Pros

They have nice office space near public transportation. Desi and Renee who run the office services are lovely people.

Cons

Leadership. The CEO will maintain his luxe lifestyle at the expense of everyone else- clients, candidates, and especially his own team.

Advice to Management

Read a book on ethics and decency. Apply the principles of your religion to your own conduct.

Other Employee Reviews for Howard Sloan Search

1. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Howard Sloan Search full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very supportive and collegial environment, from the CEO on down. Non-team players are not tolerated. Respected in the industry. In business since 1957. Longstanding clients. Highly experienced recruiters.

Cons

None that are at all significant.

Advice to Management

Maintain the work environment.

2. "Unlike any other recruiting firm I've worked at"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Howard Sloan Search full-time

Pros

The ability to be creative and the amount of autonomy. This is something that is unique in recruiting, especially for those who are newer
    The people are great! From reception to the CEO, everyone is kind and driven
    Very low turnover. People have been here for a long time, and for good reason! Just ask if you get the interview
    Feel free to reach me on Linkedin if you have any questions about the company and I'll do my best to answer them. Greg Sokol on Linkedin

Cons

Depending on your personality, the office can be quiet. For me, this is actually a pro. I like to be able to hear my own thoughts and hate background noise because I can't focus. For another type of recruiter though, this is can be a con.
    Other companies that say "high-paced environment" really mean to say it is loud and it is tough to focus. This is not a high-paced environment, unless you make it that way!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring excellent people!