HubPages - The best company that I ever worked at -- really enjoyed working there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HubPages

"The best company that I ever worked at -- really enjoyed working there."

Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HubPages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The founders are brilliant and very nice. Paul Edmondson created a real close environment where he shared company information and really made everyone feel a part of his vision.

Cons

It's a tough market. Google tweaks their search algorithm and web traffic changes drastically. It makes it very hard to know how everything will go.

Advice to Management

Believe in your talent and your vision! You have great people! You have unbelievable talent! If you stay the course, you will jump to the next level of web traffic!

Other Employee Reviews for HubPages

1. "Network Curator and Editor"

I have been working at HubPages part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, flexible schedule, remote option. Company lunches, transparent upper management, great work/life balance. The culture surrounding the office is really nice. Free coffee, beer/cider. Medical Reimbursement plan. Learn a lot from editing thousands of informational articles.

Cons

Lots of grey area to navigate through, repetitive responsibilities. Office near UC Berkeley (parking is impossible or expensive). Seems to be high-turnover.

Advice to Management

I don't really have much to say here, to be honest. I really like working here.

"Terrible place to write for"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

get to write about things you like and that you find interesting.. not many pros, its a frustrating time writing and writing and getting it unpublished!

Cons

But it doesn't get published. When you spend a lot of time writing your own stuff, it duplicates you on the internet. what a waste of time!!!