HubSpot - Excellent for people looking to grow their careers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HubSpot

"Excellent for people looking to grow their careers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at HubSpot for a little over 6 months now. Leaving my last job I wanted to make sure I was going to a company that I could grow in and learn a lot.
During my interview I was quick to admit that I would have a lot of questions in order to learn more and get to the point where I would be a strong contributor to my team and to the company. I was nervous that saying this would make them want to go with someone else. Perhaps, someone with more experience. The two people interviewing me told me that anyone I ended up working with would be more than happy to mentor me, they weren't kidding.
I have been overjoyed with the amount of guidance and support I've received from everyone on my team since I started.
Not only my manager but every single team member takes the time to answer any questions I have and help me out with anything I may need.
This type of accepting and collaborative environment is truly amazing.

Since I started my manager has worked with me tirelessly to make sure I'm working towards a promotion and feel that I'm growing in my current position. She is always telling me what I'm doing right and what I can improve on. The constant communication, mixed with praise and criticism, is exactly what I need in order to succeed.

The benefits and culture are an added bonus. Nothing beats having the flexibility to work from home and take days off when I need to. A lot of people that I talk to about HubSpot ask about how realistic Unlimited Vacation is. To answer that question, it is very realistic. As long as you are getting your work done then taking time off will not be a problem.

Other perks are a gym onsite thats open 24/7, only for HubSpotters, that includes multiple different classes every week, fresh fruit and veggies daily, constant communities service opportunities, lots of social/team building outings, and so much more.

I could go on forever about the perks of working here but what is most important is what I mentioned first. People actually care about helping you grow your career and getting you to where you want to go. You don't see that many places but you definitely see it here.
Coming to work every day is easy when you believe in the company and the company supports you.

Cons

Lot's of perks can be distracting.
You have to know how to manage work and play.
It is easy to get caught up in fun things that the culture team plans but you need to know when to say no and focus on your work.
It can be difficult at first to find this balance and if you don't find it you obviously wont succeed.

Advice to Management

Find out how each person on your team likes to be managed and try your best to follow through.
Everyone likes to receive feedback/praise/criticism differently and it is critical to your success as a manager as well as their success to be communicated with efficiently.

Jun 13, 2016 – VP, Culture and Experience

I loved reading about your experience, thank you for sharing it! I'm delighted to hear that you were courageous enough to be vulnerable in your interview process and commit to learning new skills as... More

Other Employee Reviews for HubSpot

"BDR"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great culture and awesome people that really push you to grow and reach for your absolute potential

Cons

I do not have any so far

Jun 19, 2016 – VP, Culture and Experience

Thanks for helping our company and our customers grow--I hope you have a long and successful career at HubSpot, thanks for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor! Sincerely, Katie

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with awesome people
    Clear path to promotion
    Everyone willing to help if you work hard

Cons

High expectations - starting pay is low

Jun 19, 2016 – VP, Culture and Experience

Thank you so much for the review and for helping our customers grow--we're lucky to have you as part of our organization and appreciate you sharing your insight! -Katie