HubSpot - Eye opening, and truly amazing | Glassdoor

"Eye opening, and truly amazing"

Former Employee - Inbound Success Coach in Sydney

I worked at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

So many. HubSpot as a company is well planned, growing like crazy, and making an awesome impact on the industry. It's also a great place to work! Good perks, unlimited leave being a big one, and a strong culture that makes working there fun. Training was a highlight for me, given I was in an entry level role. There's a great vibe at HubSpot, and whilst I'm leaving, I would happily come back one day :)

Cons

Not all offices are created equal - whilst the company is amazing, it's best to research the kinds of roles available within each office to ensure that there are opportunities you might want to pursue. For example, the Sydney office is amazing; but it doesn't do engineering, or product - so if that's a goal, you might want to consider your options.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent, and kind. I really feel that the HELM of HubSpot is a rock star group of people that care about their employees, and the company. I feel so lucky to learn from such a great group of people.

HubSpot2019-04-24
  1. "Stimulating, fun work environment with great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at HubSpot has been a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience. I can honestly say I've learned so much in just the 1.5 years I've been here, and I've met some great people along the way. Management really listens to you and gives you honest, constructive feedback that you can put into action to grow your career. They've put a lot of energy into building out their IC track for designers—which is much... appreciated since not everyone wants to grow into a management role. They also care a lot about work-life balance and are always ready to revisit priorities when things get a little too busy. From day one, I've seen this commitment from leadership when they hired me as a remote employee after I expressed a desire to stay near family. They care about their employees and have invested in technology that makes it easy to stay connected, even when you're far away. If you want to work for a company where you can travel, meet amazing people (I'm literally wowed by how talented my coworkers are on a regular basis), have a lot of good laughs and make some really great software, this is the place for you.

Cons

HubSpot values and empowers individual teams to have autonomy in how they approach their work. This is awesome, but as we continue to scale, has resulted in some challenges. We need more systems in place to help teams maintain a level of autonomy, but also stay aligned with other teams.

Advice to Management

As we grow, we need to continue to invest in roles that can help keep the lines of communication open between teams and help individual employees see how their individual contributions map to the bigger picture.

HubSpot2019-12-11
  2. "A phenomenal culture and place to work"

Current Employee - Igs in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Dogs, coffee barista, smoothie bar, snacks - Freedom - plan you're own success - People

Cons

- Work-Life Balance is tough sometimes

HubSpot2019-12-11

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.