Cover image for HubSpot

Director
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been growing my career at Hubspot for over two years and am still challenged to be my best every day. There are 3 things that really set Hubspot apart (1) Fantastic management team that puts people - both customers and employees - first. Empathy is a core Hubspot value and the leadership team truly walks the walk. Especially during COVID, all decisions have prioritized employee and customer wellbeing, and I feel so grateful to be in such a supportive work environment. (2) World-class place to learn. Hubspot is a fast-growing leader in the SaaS space and therefore has almost endless opportunities to learn and take on new responsibility. Further, leadership has invested heavily in formal training programs to upskill employees in oth technical skills and leadership. (3) Openness to new ideas and perspectives. Even though Hubspot is a sizeable public company, it still has the nimbleness of a startup. If you have a way to do something better, people will listen and you will be given the autonomy to create change. Such a breath of fresh air coming from larger, more hierarchical organizations.

Cons

Because Hubspot is scaling fast, sometimes things feel like they are moving at the speed of light. You have to be a dynamic and flexible person to thrive in this environment.

Thank you so much for making the time to write such an insightful review, and for being a director with HubSpot, I like how you specifically call out how we are scaling with a level of autonomy, the investment we make in our people, and the speed at which we operate. Appreciate you, thanks for all you do! -Katie

Other Employee Reviews

Nov 28, 2023
        Product Manager Intern
        Former Intern, less than 1 year
        Eden Prairie, MN
        Business Outlook

Pros

Platform to learn and network

Cons

Limited variation in daily work.

Nov 17, 2023
          Principal Business Analyst
          Current Employee, more than 3 years
          New York, NY
          Business Outlook

Pros

HubSpot is the best company I've ever worked for, hands down. They're transparent in their communication, flexible in their working time and time off, and generous in their compensation. But, above all, you get to work with smart, talented people every day who genuinely enjoy their jobs. Plus, I have full confidence in the company's future success.

Cons

Unlimited PTO can sometimes be difficult to navigate. Because it's been marketed as a benefit, I have used it to its full extent—and most people do! But I've also received push back from managers when "it might not be a good time to go on vacation." FWIW, I would prefer a company policy that strictly outlines the number of vacation days we can use, but HubSpot still—on average—navigates these situations well.

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

McKinsey & Company

Has anyone have any experience and or has received any feedback on the hiring process background investigation with Peraton? I currently have a Secret Clearance so they are giving me Top Secret Clearance. I received the job offered with the condition of employment until the background is complete however I have not have heard anything from the background Investigator, know that usually it takes time and it can take even months, however like I have stated I already have a Secret Clearance

1 Comment

Worker IN Tech

Listened to the debate tonight. Imagine going to an interview and behaving that way. Criticizing the other candidates, trying to find fault in other candidates and interrupting the hiring manager. Would that work???

1 Comment

Engineer 3

Spending over two years in company Java backend, worked on migration project monolithic to Microservices. Financial crisis paused the project, Forced to work on Older tech EJb for a year. Good at Spring Boot, Microservices, and Angular before joining here, now having less confidence due to this Getting 26 LPA, I am searching for jobs again due crisis in company. Considering the current job market, I need your valuable input on the feasibility of securing new position with same or higher pay.

0 Comments