Hughes Network Systems - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Senior Financial Analyst in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Hughes Network Systems

Pros

Good benefits, annual bonus, on site amenities such as a cafeteria, exercise and locker rooms, massage therapists, occupational nurse, ball field, tennis courts, exercise classes. Beautiful campus. Good commute location.

Cons

Everything was a bit better before Hughes was purchased by EchoStar. I really hope that Hughes continues to value their employees and their excellent work environment.

Hughes Network Systems2017-04-23
  1. "Loved my peers!"

Former Intern - Program Manager Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

1. My mentors were very helpful. They were always ready to make changes if we suggested 2. Mentors were very easy tp approach 3. Interns have a lot of fun activities 4. 98% chances to convert into a full time opportunity if internship goes well

Cons

The only downside is most of the company still uses old technology

Hughes Network Systems2019-09-09
  2. "Great overall, strange working atmosphere"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Gaither, AR

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

-Nice people - Cool project - Lots of other Interns - A few fun activities - Learned a lot

Cons

- Didn't get to work on a team. I had my own project, no team mates - Outdated. Being such a big company it seems they take a while to make changes. - I was lucky with my manager, he was very helpful and cool. Other interns were not so lucky and were basically on their own with very little mentorship. - I feel like teams at this company are strange. People on the same team working on the same project may sit in... separate, isolated rooms. - I didn't feel like people liked their jobs here. It was just a job.

Advice to Management

You need to somehow breathe life into this place. I dont feel any positive energy working here.

Hughes Network Systems2019-10-11

Discover more reviews about Hughes Network Systems.