Hughes Network Systems - Needs Major Improvement All Around... | Glassdoor

"Needs Major Improvement All Around..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Paid Training and on-site technical training.

Cons

Working here affected my life in a very negative way... constantly facing situations that I knew were neither professional or acceptable in a work environment. I am very happy to now be away from all of that... I can honestly say that this was the most hostile work environment I have ever worked in... I have witnessed multiple employees publicly belittled by senior management, with absolutely no consequence. There... were also employees that moved up in the company quickly, even though they put their own teams through anguish, communicated with incompetency and seldom delivered on deadlines. Above all, I believe that I was overloaded with many projects and was expected to do 2 or 3 persons jobs, while only being acknowledged for a small portion of my work. The company also had a major issue with paying vendors on-time and left employees constantly on the front line to deal with very unhappy vendors, that screamed inefficiency and improper use of employees' time.

Advice to Management

HR: value your employees more and have a response for anonymous company-wide surveys... Instead of leaving employees in the dark, with the feeling that their concerns fall on deaf ears. It became very apparent that senior management does not care about the people who have made Hughes a success, in the past.

Hughes Network Systems2018-12-13
  1. "Loved my peers!"

Former Intern - Program Manager Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

1. My mentors were very helpful. They were always ready to make changes if we suggested 2. Mentors were very easy tp approach 3. Interns have a lot of fun activities 4. 98% chances to convert into a full time opportunity if internship goes well

Cons

The only downside is most of the company still uses old technology

Hughes Network Systems2019-09-09
  2. "Former Intern"

Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

Worked at the manufacturing facility in Gaithersburg. Definitely a great learning experience as I was somewhat new to that line of work. Management was willing to let me lead my own path of work.

Cons

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Hughes Network Systems2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Hughes Network Systems.