Hughes Network Systems - A great place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "A great place to work"

Program Director in Germantown, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems

Pros

Great environment thats more like a university than a work place. Some of the smartest people I have worked with are at Hughes and I was proud to be a part of the company. Its recognizes its people for the value they bring to the company and puts them on a promotion path to reward them. Hughes always pushes to the edge of what has been the typical solution on any technical project they are working on and as a result... are often way out in front of similar companies. Pradman Kaul he has a firm hand on the rudder of the ship and a strong team around him and that is reflected in the success of the company.

Cons

It has gone through a lot of changes in recent times and has been sold twice in the past 5 years. With Apollo now the owners and the fact that they take an active part in the business it has smoothed out. However companies like Apollo buy, invest and sell the companies the purchase so more change must be on the cards for the future. However that should not be a deciding factor in a company with great opportunities... for engineers.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the employees. When change happens keep them informed.

Hughes Network Systems2008-09-12
  1. "Loved my peers!"

Former Intern - Program Manager Intern in Germantown, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

1. My mentors were very helpful. They were always ready to make changes if we suggested 2. Mentors were very easy tp approach 3. Interns have a lot of fun activities 4. 98% chances to convert into a full time opportunity if internship goes well

Cons

The only downside is most of the company still uses old technology

Hughes Network Systems2019-09-09
  2. "Former Intern"

Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Hughes Network Systems for less than a year

Pros

Worked at the manufacturing facility in Gaithersburg. Definitely a great learning experience as I was somewhat new to that line of work. Management was willing to let me lead my own path of work.

Cons

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Hughes Network Systems2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Hughes Network Systems.