Human Rights Campaign - Interning with HRC | Glassdoor

"Interning with HRC"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Human Rights Campaign as an intern

Pros

I think the atmosphere at HRC is amazing. The people are really nice and there's no one with a superiority complex. We have a lot of help available to us as interns and people are always eager to answer any questions you have. You learn a lot about the LGBT movement and its history. The brownbag luncheons were really informative. They also feed you really great food!

Cons

The internship was unpaid and our travel stipends were really meager, which makes it a bit difficult to manage.

Advice to Management

I know it may not be possible to pay interns, but please think about raising the amount you give interns for the travel stipend.

Other Employee Reviews for Human Rights Campaign

"Employee friendly job and one where you feel you are contributing to society, in a good industry"

I have been working at Human Rights Campaign part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, atmostphere, great communication among employees and management, pretty good benefits early in career, somewhat immune to economic flucuations

Cons

Seasonal, somewhat limited room for advancement, there are a few bad employees, some of whom are gatekeepers, but there are workarounds

Advice to Management

Apply the rules to everyone, monitor hours a little more closely

"Awesome Place to Work"

Pros

The Human Rights Campaign is truly an amazing place to work. The environment is one of "work hard, play hard", everyone is very goal driven and passionate about the their work.

Cons

It's a smaller office which can provide some downsides. Additionally, as a nonprofit it can sometimes run in to resource constraints, however every attempt is made to fully utilize all resources available in an efficient manner.

Advice to Management

Continue to stretch the boundaries and reach for the impossible. The work you do is incredibly important, keep it up.