Human Rights Campaign - Working for equality with the Human Rights Campaign | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Human Rights Campaign

"Working for equality with the Human Rights Campaign"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

The people are truly amazing and everyone working there has a strong passion to drive them to meet their goals.

Cons

In my experience, the management is a bit disorganized, but that's mostly due to the fact that I have free reign over my schedule. I don't really answer to anyone in specific, nor does my progress or work get logged in any measurable way.

Advice to Management

Have concrete goals for employees to reach, a daily / weekly milestone to show their progress along that goal would also facilitate reaching goals better.

Other Employee Reviews for Human Rights Campaign

"Awesome Place to Work"

Pros

The Human Rights Campaign is truly an amazing place to work. The environment is one of "work hard, play hard", everyone is very goal driven and passionate about the their work.

Cons

It's a smaller office which can provide some downsides. Additionally, as a nonprofit it can sometimes run in to resource constraints, however every attempt is made to fully utilize all resources available in an efficient manner.

Advice to Management

Continue to stretch the boundaries and reach for the impossible. The work you do is incredibly important, keep it up.

2. "Summer Intern- Would recommend if you can afford an unpaid internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Human Rights Campaign as an intern

Pros

Very friendly, encouraging, open staff

Lunch and Learns

High profile- nice name to have on resume, cool guests, and BTS to a major nonprofit
    Relaxed environment
    Lots of other interns

Cons

No pay

Very public profile, many (on all sides) disagree with the work HRC does, so you may end up doing a lot of defending

Advice to Management

Have more to do for the interns- we had a lot of time where we had nothing to work on