Humana - MRA Quality Ananlyst | Glassdoor

"MRA Quality Ananlyst"

Current Employee - MRA Quality Analyst in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - MRA Quality Analyst in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Availability to further education, nice perks.

Cons

HR needs to follow through on employee complaints.

Advice to Management

Remember those who make you look good.

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

"Poor medical benefits and pay, but generally friendly and good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Process Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Process Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are typically friendly/helpful or at least not cutthroat. 401(k) is good. Louisville is a fairly nice city. Lots of opportunities to build out more robust processes (even if it is an uphill battle culturally and technologically at times).

Cons

Health benefits suck, and fitness centers are not free (ironic, right?). IT is behind the curve for Fortune 100 companies (no ERP, no wifi, blackberries instead of iPhones, excessive security, slow/inflexible process for IT projects, etc.). Company seems hesitant to get involved with the local community and charities (philanthropy is limited to grants through the Humana Foundation), in contrast to GE, Coca-Cola, and Expeditors, which aren't even based in Louisville but which nonetheless have a strong presence in the community.

Advice to Management

Implement an ERP and simplify your plan offerings. Complexity is costly. Be a leader in advocating for universal health care, not a secret funder of Republican obstructionists (killing "Obamacare" and privatizing Medicare doesn't even make business sense, considering how deep we are into Medicare..). Be more lax on location, more strict on process, and more generous with benefits and pay in order to attract and retain top talent; chance and the recession brought some high-performers to Humana, but they will jump ship as soon as the economy recovers.

"Okay???"

Current Employee - Nurse Supervisor in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Nurse Supervisor in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure company, steady pay check.

Cons

Every thing is bad, I'm a modern day slave, HR is a horrible, I'm not motivated, Promotions are impossible unless you have a connection. New hires make 20k more on the start and you end up picking up their slack.

Advice to Management

This goes out to all the CEO's in each division. Go out, meet your frontline leaders. they are the ones that hold up your company. Some of us are so good at what we do our managers won't promote us.