Humana - Lots of opportunites for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

"Lots of opportunites for growth"

Current Employee - Utlilization Review RN
Current Employee - Utlilization Review RN

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offer opportunities for job growth, changing roles. also offer opportunities to work from home

Cons

experiencing alot of growth which can lead to alot of changes

Advice to Management

solict and listen to suggestions from employees

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

"not the best, not the worst"

Current Employee - MarketPoint Sales Representative
    Current Employee - MarketPoint Sales Representative

I have been working at Humana full-time

Pros

Freedom to work your own schedule. Get to meet a lot of people.

Cons

Low pay, low car allowance, does not pay for events you want to set up. alot of rules you have to follow

"RightSourceRx-- this review is for temp/contract positions"

Former Contractor - Data Entry Clerk/Dr Call Customer Care Portal (CCP) Tank Worker

I worked at Humana as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some good people. That was literally the only positive about my time there

Cons

--while no hours are guaranteed for temp/contract workers, I've never seen such awful communication within a company. We were told repeatedly that the hours would pick up and they never really did. We were also told when I switched to a different department while still a temp that we would rarely be sent home, which also turned out to be false.

-- being sent home 2 hours or less after starting the shift, more often than not. Not communicating this to the temp agencies in time so the other temps and I would show up for a fraction of a day's work. This was disheartening after a couple weeks when it became apparent that things were not going to get any better despite what management was telling us.

--training was extremely insufficient and confusing. We were told only certain types of accounts would be in our queues to work but many accounts showed up in our queues that we were not authorized to work. Work efficiency was very low

--Again, this review is only for temp workers. I can't recommend this place to anyone looking to work as a temp/contract agent. Ever. If you had to choose between this place and McDonalds, choose McDonalds because you'll probably make more money there.

Advice to Management

treat your temps with respect. If there's no work, don't give temps 10-20 hours per week after you've told them to expect 40-55! There are some good people there struggling to make a paycheck because of this. Very, very unprofessional.