Humana - Great Company but they tend to hire horrible Directors and Vice Presidents. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

"Great Company but they tend to hire horrible Directors and Vice Presidents."

Former Employee - Large Group and Ancillary Contractor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Large Group and Ancillary Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Humana part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great 401K Plan. They pay well.

Cons

Horrible, Horrible Directors and VP's. Terrible Employee Health Plan

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Stop hiring your friends! stop talking about your employees to your favorite employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

1. ".Good"

I have been working at Humana full-time

Pros

.It is a good company to work fo.

Cons

I can't think of con at this moment

Advice to Management

.Include employees in decision to change

"No upward mobility unless you're a manager's favorite"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator

I worked at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits other than medical are rich, comprehensive plans. When aligned with the right allies, upward mobility takes little effort. Reward system in place, when upper staff recognizes you going above & beyond the call of duty.

Cons

Took a base position with the promise of market expansion & upward mobility. After nearly 4 years of empty promises and even earned my insurance license to prepare for the possibility, was informed that management had no plans of expansion & I was just out of luck. They recognized my skills, but I had an issue with their little hesitation to have me doing tasks meant for upper positions or filling in for people making 50%+ of my salary, with little representation, in addition to my existing tasks. I am more useful than just being used as everyone's secretary. I gave them plenty of time and eventually resigned. Found an Account Management position with a different company & industry, performing the job I was trying to get Humana to promote me to, and for once, I'm being paid for what I'm worth.
    For future employees, be wary of their medical plan. Humana puts their employees on a plan we in Sales couldn't even sell to groups. It's not a comprehensive plan, which for a healthcare carrier, is an embarrassment.

Advice to Management

Give your employees equal recognition. Do not make the promise of growth, only to stagnate it and funnel funds to "more deserving" markets. You have to spend money to make money. You need to hire an adequate staff in order to grow your book of business. Waiting until the book is so full that the existing employees managing it are exhausted & overloaded for an extended period of time is just poor business tactics. Send ALL of your staff to annual Sales training, not just the positions you deem "essential" to making a sale. The grunt at the office doing most of the heavy lifting and making no commissions is the primary reason you are able to follow through with a sale at all.