Humana - Excellence ! | Glassdoor

"Excellence !"

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the work balance. The company Policies and areas of advancement within the company.

Cons

have to remaing competative in the industry of you are done

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

1. "This company is not exceptional in any way."

Former Employee - Medical Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Support Specialist

I worked at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly pay was good.

Cons

Insurance benefits was horrible, considering this is an insurance company. If you have a problem with a co-worker for instance, the clinic manager will try to resolve it. If that doesn't work, then it goes to the regional manager. If that doesn't work (and chances are it won't because they are all "friends") then it is "supposed to go to the Human Resource Dept. My suspicion is it never gets to where it's supposed to go, it just kind of gets swept under the rug until you just give up.

Advice to Management

Keep up to date with the individuals in the company, instead depending on the "managers" to keep you informed. Stop letting the managers be "friends" with the people they are supposed to be managing and actually manage them. maybe that will cut down on some favoritism. You could start a 3 strikes and you're out rule. If someone gets so many complaints on their behavior either from co-workers or patients/customers, then you get wrote up or held accountable in some way. Not just a "talk" from your manager.

Humana Response

Jul 29, 2013 – Project Manager: Social Media

I am sorry your experience with us was unsatisfactory. I really appreciate the open and honest comments, and will take this feedback under advisment.

"Shady"

I worked at Humana full-time

Pros

Having a job in this economy is good I guess.

Cons

Where do I start...shady co-workers. Smile in your face and talk behind your back and try to get you fired. Common at most jobs but Humana takes the cake. Management looks busy doing nothing. They shift blame for what ever process isn't working to the workers. Raises are very poor.

Advice to Management

Help with employee development more instead of hindering growth.