Humana - Great work place | Glassdoor

"Great work place"

Former Employee - Applications Consultant in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Applications Consultant in Louisville, KY

Pros

Benefits, team, work, etc etc

Cons

none that i could advice

Advice to Management

keep it up

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

"Solid company to work for."

Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good work is often recognized, lots of opportunity for growth and advancement if you are good. Work at home opportunity for some positions, company is very supportive.

Cons

Pace is FAST - you have to be a go-getter and handle stress, deadlines well. Learning curve to navigate in large company is long. Healthcare benefits have high deductibles, but that is everywhere these days.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize good people and be flexible in work location.

"Going nowhere"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Healthcare is growing and Humana's stock is doing well. I like the management which I report to.

Cons

In meetings I get to hear how the companies’ profits and stock are going way up but I have lost one third of my income since last year. If a raise is given at all, it will be about every 16 months instead of yearly. The raises do not keep up with inflation. In spite of becoming a more valuable employee I am actually losing money. In addition to poor wages there is pressure to contribute your personal time and money to charitable causes in the name of Humana. I support charity but not to give a company a good name at my cost and effort. I appreciate the diversity Humana embraces but they do it by creating groups. I get emails telling me that I should celebrate all these other groups of people but there is actually no group for me. I Feel their groups separate me from others.

Advice to Management

The grassroots meeting tells us how great the company is doing and the cost per prescription fill for the customer is going down. It is discouraging and insulting to know profits are really high but there is no reward for us. Every time I hear the cost per fill went down I wonder if it just came out of my paycheck.