Humana - Great Company to work for, but still a BIG company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

"Great Company to work for, but still a BIG company"

Current Employee - Personal Health Coach
Current Employee - Personal Health Coach

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Humana has great benefits (401K matching, HSA, and wellness incentives). Most of my coworkers are happy in their positions. I am in an entire department that works from home which is great for a lot of moms and people who want to have autonomy and flexible hours.

Cons

It's hard to get a raise or promotion. In the 3 years I've been here I've received 1 tiny raise. Trying to get a new idea "approved" or implemented is a circus act. I wish there was more support for professional growth and "moving up".

Advice to Management

more transparency within all of Humana to support growth

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Paycheck, Work At Home, Nice Coworkers

Cons

Your experience will depend on leadership, as it varies across regions. My department was very dysfunctional. It was an environment of abuse, bullying tactics, manipulation, vindictive behavior, dishonesty and disrespect. There is a lot of turnover. I did not feel valued as a professional. Leadership has unrealistic expectations, and instead of working with employees to resolve barriers, they harass employees with metrics that can't be reached. If you show a talent or ability, they will take advantage and demand extra responsibilities, while others are not held to the same expectations. You have to be a yes person/kiss up, to get promoted. It's certainly not based on talent or people skills. New ideas are met with resistance and excuses, and the same cycle continues of being unable to meet expectations over and over, with the same broken system and then getting called on the carpet for failing.

Advice to Management

I understand you need to measure productivity in some way, but berating employees is not the way to go about it. Take the ideas and suggestions of your employees seriously instead of dolling out excuses and lip service. They are the ones doing the job every day, not you. Work toward building respectful relationships with your employees because people who feel valued are going to contribute more to your organization. An environment of fear and punishment; however, only causes a disconnect and ultimately leads to decreased productivity and high turnover. Frankly, members of the leadership team who don't get this, shouldn't be in leadership at all.

2. "great company"

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

not enough money for experience