Employee Review

Current Employee

Humana

Sep 16, 2021 - RN Care Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and some what flexible

Cons

Always changing and frequent staff reductions

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture and a lot encouragement for growth and development

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, solid benefits

Cons

driving change/adopting new methods and technologies at this size and scale of a company can be slower than smaller companies

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work here if you’re willing to give up your soul

Oct 14, 2021 - Dms Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

-They have great base salary -Remote -PTO

Cons

-Constantly Changing Procedures -Cold Calling -They always give out the sales direct number to others who don’t need it, and it effects your conversion -Work life balance doesn’t fit well -For an insurance company their insurance is garbage I worked at Humana for a year, they give a great training and try to make things fair with shift bids, they also give plenty of PTO. However, They have you cold call and most the times the callers are tired of getting five to six calls a day. The only time OT is available is during AEP. They do offer a generous base pay, but commissions could be a little better. For an insurance company their employee insurance is a disgrace, completely garbage. And I couldn’t find anyone around me to take it, I was lucky my husband is in the union and I could still use his. The stress of this job was so bad my hair started falling out!! They say people love being there when you get on the job, but you become a tenured agent after a year of working there and you’re vested after two, simply because you quickly find out that people quit left and right! They say they care about their customers, but they truly are all about money!

3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Humana.