Humanscale - My experience has been just okay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Humanscale

"My experience has been just okay."

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here is it's very flexible when it comes to work and your personal life and you don't have management looking over your back. It's a very laid back enviornment with a lot of independence.

Cons

The downsides are that there is no room for growth or opportunity to move up; and the benefits are very expensive.

Advice to Management

Some advice to management would be to try and create some room for growth within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Humanscale

"Quality Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Quality Engineering Intern in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Intern - Quality Engineering Intern in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Humanscale as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. The assistant Quality Assurance manager is a sweet heart and is a beautiful person. I did most of my work for her or for the only Quality engineer. The work can be messy and un-organized but as an intern, it is a great learning experience. I have been here for 8 months and I HATE to leave. The people make the job great.

You can have any job, but without good people, you will never be able to enjoy. I had one of the Quality engineers mentor me whenever he had time. It was a very busy place, even for interns. But like I said the people are great and would answer any questions as long as I was willing to be patient and listen.

The schedule is minimum 20 hours. So you can do this not only during the summer but during the Fall and Spring semesters also.

For the industrial engineering majors. They are implementing Six Sigma. People may not take it seriously but I love seeing it go into effect and seeing the before and after. If you are an IE, this is a great place because there is a lot that can be improved. A lot of training soon to be implemented.

Cons

Can be unorganized and communication could be better. A lot of pointing the fingers game at times. But nothing crazy to say that I hate this place.

The only con would have to be the pay. This was my second internship and I actually took a pay cut. However, internships are for the learning experience. But it is still something i would consider a con.

People complain but that is up to you and how you take it. Sometimes the negativity can get to you but if you work with the right people, then that should not be an issue.

Also note: this is from an Intern's experience.

Advice to Management

The only quality engineer needs assistance. I feel more people need to be added to the quality department.

2. "Great time as an Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Humanscale as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relevant Projects
    - Small team allows great focus
    - Great starter internship
    - Great company culture

Cons

- Low pay
    - No room for growth after first internship;