Hunter Industries - Super Place to Work! | Glassdoor

"Super Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Marcos, CA
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Marcos, CA

Pros

There are many reasons to work at Hunter Industries, but the best by far is the atmosphere. I have worked in many industries, and I have never found a company to have such a friendly, open atmosphere. The leadership is great, senior management is top notch, and the emphasis is to make the best possible product and services for the customer.

This company is very employee empowered, profit sharing is always awesome but the many other ways that Hunter shows that employees are important is also a big draw. All the family oriented events, the picnics, and the feeling that you belong to a family instead of just a faceless number in a large corporation.

Employee retention is very high. It is surprising to see the percentage of employees with 15 years or more of service.

Cons

I really scratch my head at trying to think of a downside, but if there is one then it is that Hunter bends over too far backwards to try to please their customers, many times this can be expensive. Hunter has the best warranty return policy in the business, and I believe that some customers try to exploit this to their profit. However, it does tend to make happy repeat customers, so in the end it pays off.

Advice to Management

All I can say is keep going! You're doing a super job, don't go public with this company, keep it private. We're behind you and Hunter products all the way.

Other Employee Reviews for Hunter Industries

1. "Far and away the irrigation manufacturer to both work for and buy from if you value your career."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Marcos, CA

Pros

The products, the people, the innovation and the dedication

Cons

There are no downsides to working for Hunter Industries

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The leadership, vision and future guidance senior management has for this company has been remarkable.

2. "The shining star of the irrigation industry."

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

There are so many reason to work for Hunter it would take longer than I have to list them all. The family atmosphere is longed for by many. As a current employee, I from time to time use temporary workers to help with time challenging tasks.
    I always receive calls from the agencies with feedback from the temps and they are always begging for a full-time position.
    It is so rare to see anyone leave the company and this is evident by the people I work with. Many have been with the company for 10+ years. Good people....

Cons

I can not think of any glaring problem worth mentioning. I wish I could, but I can't.

Advice to Management

From my position I will be forever grateful for the amazing opportunity that has been given to me. Mr. Hunter is a kind gentlemen that truly cares for his employees. He trusts the people that work for him and is approachable. My advise would be to never change who you are.