Hunter Industries - Hunter Industries is a great all around place to work, they truly seem to care about their employees | Glassdoor

"Hunter Industries is a great all around place to work, they truly seem to care about their employees"

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance is important and you're not asked or expected to work extraordinary hours. Employees are friendly and respectful. The onsite gym is a big plus, you are really encouraged to participate as well.

Cons

Opportunities aren't always readily available since retention is very high.

Hunter Industries2019-03-05

Hunter Industries Response

December 24, 2019Senior Manager of Global Talent Management

Thank you for making time to share your thoughts about working at Hunter. We're happy you're enjoying your experience with us, that's important to us! Employee development continues to be a priority, we want to see talent continue to grow with us, and we're excited by the fact that about 30% of our jobs annually are filled by employees moving up and over into new opportunities.

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hunter Industries full-time

Pros

Great people, great values, great work/home balance.

Cons

Tough to get to from major highways

Hunter Industries2019-12-16

Hunter Industries Response

December 24, 2019Senior Manager of Global Talent Management

We think we have great people, great values, and a great life balance too! Thank you for making time to share your thoughts with us!

Continue reading
  2. "Great benefits but horrendous managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Hunter Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits – company pays the bulk of health insurance premiums, good 401K match, gym reimbursement, and annual profit share bonus. Work-life balance is also very good and they are understanding when anyone has a family emergency.

Cons

Leadership at the Florida location is mediocre at best. The team is compromised of ‘yes-men’ who were promoted due to seniority rather than talent. This means that each and every one of them has at least one employee in their teams actually doing all the work they should be able to do. The fact that Senninger’s president is never in the office to see how the company operates in the day-to-day means management gets away with taking credit for their employees' work and ideas. Plus, as a result of having such mediocre management, challenging the status quo is often frowned upon. The go-to answer for any suggestions for improvement that may involve management actually learning something new is “that’s how we have always done it.”

Hunter Industries2020-02-14

Discover more reviews about Hunter Industries.