Huntington Hospital (NY) - Organized, Compassionate and Motivating. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Hospital (NY)

"Organized, Compassionate and Motivating."

Former Employee - Dietitian in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Dietitian in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Huntington Hospital (NY) part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I worked there I felt free to be myself, be heard and because of this I was enthusiastic to do the best work and service I could. Back then they had Aramark management and our manager was incredible. The clinical teams on all levels were so caring, helpful and flexible when it came to doing what was best for the patient.

Cons

I went to visit my old manager and coworkers to find out they let go of Aramark with little notice and this broke my heart. The best clinical setting I have ever worked by far and they let go of the people who helped make it happen. I have no idea how it is now. But I can honestly say when I was there all my anxieties, stresses, concerns were heard and resolved immediately. I grew as a person and as a professional.

Advice to Management

Look into what Aramark does that brings a trust, compassion and integrity between employees and management. Develop the ability to truly empathize, feel and broaden your heart to actually care for your staff as family not as digits or pawns. Grow yourself and keep hospitals compassionate above all other motivating factors.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Hospital (NY)

1. "benefits are the only reason to work at huntington"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pasadena, CA

Pros

benefits are the best thing at huntington

Cons

the pay is not as good as other hospitals in the area.

Advice to Management

be fair to employees

2. "A great hospital!"

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Pasadena, CA

Pros

HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL offers quality healthcare. The recently completed west tower along with the east tower is absolutely beautiful! Many patients have commented that the hospital looks like a five-star luxury hotel! Employees
    as well as patients and visitors can park in one of several covered parking structures.

Cons

Often understaffed. Salaries are midrange compared to other hospitals in the area. Housekeeping is subpar!

Advice to Management

Huntington salaries need to be near the top of the range when compared to other hospitals in the area in order to attract and retain the best employees.