Huntington Ingalls Industries - Fulfilling work in a bureaucratic giant | Glassdoor
  1. "Fulfilling work in a bureaucratic giant"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineering Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Huntington Ingalls Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Contributing to the country’s defense, friendly and competent teammates, the opportunity to help improve things.

Cons

Huge bureaucratic company with all the frustration and difficulties in making change it entails

Advice to Management

Work on trying to be more agile and push decision making further down the chain of command. Less reward to those who say things are “not their job”

Huntington Ingalls Industries2019-06-16
  1. "HII-TSD"

Current Employee - Field Service Analyst

I have been working at Huntington Ingalls Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

They treat their employees with utmost respect

Cons

Short term contract which could end if government customer does not renew option year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication with the employees.

Huntington Ingalls Industries2019-05-13
  2. "Outstanding company and great place to work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great benefits with best matching 401K at the San Diego waterfront!!! Previously Continental Maritime, we have a rich history in this Navy town and now that we're part of Huntington Ingalls Industries (the largest shipbuilder in the nation) we are poised for unprecendented growth! Structured company with plenty of room for training and promotion with investment in the workforce.

Cons

It's hard work but our motto is "Hard Stuff Done Right". The best never rest!

Advice to Management

You guys know what you're doing! Keep it up!

Huntington Ingalls Industries2019-07-12

Discover more reviews about Huntington Ingalls Industries.