Huntington Learning Centers - A great company/corporation but the franchisor employing me is not so awesome. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

"A great company/corporation but the franchisor employing me is not so awesome."

Current Employee - Center Director in Ventura, CA
Current Employee - Center Director in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping students build needed skills and preparing for college.

Cons

Poor ownership can make environment stressful and even hostile.

Advice to Management

Get a contract for your expected hours and ask to see center revenue reports prior to agreeing to revenue goals. Often these goals are inflated making any comission structure unattainable and therefore demotivating.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

""Huntington Learning Center Offers Flexible Part-time employment opportunities.""

Current Employee - Part Time Teacher in Pasadena, MD
    Current Employee - Part Time Teacher in Pasadena, MD

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location is good; hours are flexible. The more you're willing to work, the better the hours.
    Pay is pretty good for part-time work; that being said, raises are rare. If you enjoy children and teens, it is fun to work with them one-to-one. The company's materials are tried and true and easy to use in teaching. The dress code maintains a professional appearance.

Cons

Outdated materials should be replaced. Hours can be spotty, so it's hard to make enough from it as a part-time job. Training of new employees is weak. Finding materials is frustratingly difficult at times, especially for new employees.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training new employees in the Huntington methods, with written instructions. Hours are harshly long for the administrative assistants and they do not tend to stay very long as a result. Overall, it's an excellent company, with a strong program that works well for clients.

"Company Policies Bite"

Former Employee - Tutor in Lagrange Hlds, IL
    Former Employee - Tutor in Lagrange Hlds, IL

I worked at Huntington Learning Centers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about this job is the fact that it gave teachers who have been struggling through this tough economy to find full time teaching jobs a chance to do what they want to do in life. Getting to work with the students is rewarding and helpful.

Cons

There are two big cons at this job. The first is that most shifts do not last more than 1.5 hours. Personally, I worked this out to be an 8 dollar net take after taxes and gas. Then you can add that onto that they do not deny any clients. I was forced to work with a 5 year old who had a poor vocabulary. I am secondary education so not only did my work ability suffer but also did the child's experience.

Advice to Management

Set age limits on your cliental.