Cover image for Huntington Learning Centers

Tutor
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Clifton Park, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with the kids. Admin staff was very nice. Very flexible schedule.

Cons

Pay rate was just ok but I did get a raise.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Nov 15, 2023
        Tutor
        Current Employee, more than 1 year
        Indianapolis, IN
        Business Outlook

Pros

They are great to work for, good pay for low-stress

Cons

You might have to work until 8:30 at night.

1. 4.0
          Nov 6, 2023
          SAT Tutor
          Former Employee, less than 1 year
          Acton, MA
          Business Outlook

Pros

The students were great, and my boss was very supportive. The materials in the center (and online) were very helpful for prepping students for their tests. It was very easy to find sample problems in sometimes very specific areas to help students really understand concepts through practice and repetition. The strategies they give to students are basic, but super useful.

Cons

This was really just a summer job for me, so while my time working there was limited, my impression is the center isn't very busy, and the amount of tutors on staff was probably more than necessary. This means there aren't a lot of students to go around, and because they (rightfully) try to keep students and tutors together, this also means there aren't a lot of shifts to go around. I'm not sure I was ever scheduled for 20 hours in a week. Again, it was just a summer job as a college student, so I didn't mind, but I would've like to have asked my older coworkers if that was an issue with them. It's also likely that the summer is just a slower time for tutoring, so it's possible it's not really an issue at all.

Discover more reviews about Huntington Learning Centers.

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Software Engineer

I've been on the job market for the past 4 months, facing challenges with securing interviews. I'm contemplating enrolling in Career Elevator (www.mycareerelevator.com) to refine my interview skills. Additionally, I'm intrigued by ApplyAll.com, a tool for automating job applications. Has anyone used either program to enhance their job search? I'm eager to learn more and would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you might have! Thank you in advance for your help!

Manager

Confused. Currently working for a mid sized firm with big clients but have been offered a role through my network for a relatively small startup but a with higher designation / lead role & similar salary to my existing pay. The new role is more strategy + lead but non technical while my current role is managerial level but more technical. If in my position, would you stay in your current role or take the new one?? Happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you.

Senior Manager

Do you all have any tips for the Amazon Online Assessment?