Huntington National Bank - Business Banker | Glassdoor

"Business Banker"

Current Employee - Business Banker in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Business Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Strong community involvement, job flexibility. Competitive pricing. Pretty good compensation package.

Cons

Very Aggressive High pressure sales. Weak Back office support, bankers have to wear way to many hats from the branch level on up. Lots of vacation time but it will kill my numbers to take it. Lack of accountability with in entire company. To many people trying to manage relationships.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank

"It has definitely been like walking on eggshells at times. Plenty of room for advancement if you're a brown noser."

Current Employee - Account Relationship Associate in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Associate in Holland, MI

Pros

Great PTO time. After working here for five years I received four weeks of PTO on top of the already paid holidays off. I also get a matching 401K. The insurance isn't the best but I do have it and it works. Its not horrible, just not awesome. Some departments are very relaxed while others definitely have high expectations and pressure. Overall a good place to get a "good start." I started as a teller and was able to work my way up. It takes a little bit of time but one of the few places you can start with a high school diploma and then work your way up thru experience.

Cons

Sometimes others will be offered promotions based on them being a "favorite." It is rare that it is ever really because of skill. Also, do not complain often to HR. You will be like the poster child that wants or is asking to get fired. If they know you are complaining, they will try to make you want to leave or make you resent every working day you are there. Integrity? Throw it out the window. There's none of that here.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the dedicated employees that follow the rules, day in day out. Start looking beyond that cleavaged filled shirt. If you're downsizing, observe for a couple weeks and you'll realize who needs to go quickly. Get rid of the slower ones, the socializers. There are people who would actually be able to do the work with just a little bit more pay. Don't pay the slackers. Luckily, with the new CEO this is probably the way he is leading us toward anyway.

"Hard Work"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Mentor, OH

Pros

Excellent products, chances to earn bonuses, locations nice, coworkers and customer base nice.
    Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Long hours, stretching staff to cover hours is difficult. Micromanagement with regard to sales, and behaviors. It is their way or else, and their way is NOT always the best in every situation. Give us
    credit for knowing how to react to different situations.
    Computers need to run quicker. Always in a rush, expected to do 5 or 6 things at the same time.
    Have customer engagement scores based on each employee not the branch as a whole.

Advice to Management

Try to concentrate on quality and not quantity all the time. Happy customers stay and refer their
    friends. It is not always about selling wigits. Sunday hours need to stop and Saturday is also too long.