Huntington National Bank - Best bank to work for | Glassdoor

"Best bank to work for"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent staff, competitive salaries, many opportunities for advancement. Very customer oriented. Wonderful corporate culture. Since the banking fallout of 2007-2008, Huntington has made many great decisions that directly affect customers, i.e. offering truly free checking and savings accounts, and offering 24 hour grace which have saved our customers millions in overdraft fees.

Cons

I have none, other than normal corporate grievances like occasional staffing issues. The new world of business is "do more with less". This is true in all corporations, not just Huntington, and not just banking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank

1. "Limited"

Current Employee - Teller Team Leader
    Current Employee - Teller Team Leader

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, laid back, easy sales goals, good paid time off.

Cons

hardly any training, don't get help when you ask for it, things are put on the backburner, lack of communication

Advice to Management

get a training program together.

"A horrible experience"

Former Employee - Senior Teller
    Former Employee - Senior Teller

I worked at Huntington National Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was excited to start this job at first.

Cons

High turn over rate, management isn't knowledgeable, management is generally dishonest, HR isn't of value, bullying from management etc. The day my employment began at Huntington, the team lead quit, weeks later the branch manager was let go. Shortly after, the branch was given a new team lead, personal banker and a branch manager. The team lead was a bully and would raise her voice at the employees on a regular basis. I went to the branch manager multiple times about it and how it made me very uncomfortable. She did nothing. She allowed the team lead to insult me in front of her and did nothing. I contacted HR. HR isn't on the employee's side. I was threatened for contacting HR and called into approximately 6 meetings with the branch manager and team lead after contacting HR. I was retaliated against and told that I wasn't allowed to call HR. Ultimately, I quit because of the bullying. HR stopped returning my calls after I started getting called into "meetings". I tried to call the HR rep about a dozen times during my last week of employment to no avail. Huntington does not care about it's employees and the customers are well aware of that. All throughout my employment the customers would always say 'Where's the girl that used to be here? This bank always loses employees. They last about 3 or 4 months and they leave. You'll find out why soon enough."

Advice to Management

Hire managers that know what they are doing. When an employee contacts HR, take it seriously. Don't conveniently "forget" to call them for a week when the employee has called you numerous times. If they are calling you, there's a good reason. Certain branches have a high turnover rate because management doesn't know how to treat people.