Huntington National Bank - In the beginning I loved it, but now I wish I'd never come | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

"In the beginning I loved it, but now I wish I'd never come"

Current Employee - Escrow Process Administrative in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Escrow Process Administrative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, the work was easy although I am not doing what I was hired to do.

Cons

HR is not helpful, there is no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

I just wish that they were a little more caring and helpful. HR is supposed to be helpful and anonymous, but they report all confidential information back to management. The pay is not that well for all of the BS work they have us doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank

1. "Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for Growth with in Retail banking, Simple products to sell.

Cons

Retail Hours long, not enough staff. turn around is horrible with staffing. Systems are old and need much updating.

Advice to Management

n/a

"I worked at Huntington Bank for 2 years as a Director of IT within the Commercial area and left to go back to Chase."

Former Employee - Director of IT in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Director of IT in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location at Easton is very accessible - pay was good, but expect to work 60 hours/week if you are in IT.

Cons

Similar to what many others have said, Huntington has bred a culture of dishonesty, backstabbing and at times even unethical behavior by its managers (I personally have seen this with mid-level and senior level management). As a whole, management is untrained in leadership philosophy and practices and learns from its peers who lack integrity and are untrained as well. With all this being said, there are some GREAT managers at Huntington but unfortunately the bad is outweighing the good.

Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

Advice to Management

Advice to Senior Management – Some of the managers are great and some are the worst that I have ever worked for in my career. They may 'get the job done' by only be degrading their staff.