Huron Consulting Group - Healthcare groups vary significantly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group

"Healthcare groups vary significantly"

Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to travel and learn a lot quickly

Cons

There is a lot of variation between the different healthcare group. Some are management very well and have very structured teams and project objectives. Others are a total mess and often go to projects not know what their role is. Also, some groups promote often within their group, and others leave analysts and associates in their levels for years with no promotion in sight.

Advice to Management

Leverage your lower level employees. Be sure to give credit where credit is due. Promote from within- it will greatly improve team morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

1. "New Employee's Review of Huron"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company seems to have combined the top tier / large consulting firms' (Anderson, Accenture, Deloitte, etc.) polish while managing a smaller size and feel (approx 2500 employees)

Cons

TBD on cons - not sure what they are / would be (besides the usual consulting cons of travel wear, "business need" of assignments, and a typical, somewhat arrogant / "we are smarter than everyone" mentality of the staff). Either way, these are manageable and somewhat typical for the industry so nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

none for now

"Great job for recent grads; but move on after a few years"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The company goes out of its way to make the job as fun as possible. They consistently organize small events for your project to make the time away from home pass by more quickly.
    2. The vast majority of the company is made up of honest, intelligent, and hardworking individuals. Huron has a few jerks just like any other corporate consulting company, but overall everyone is pretty cool.

Cons

1. The market wage for consultants at Huron is slightly below the market wage for consultants at other firms. After four years at Huron, I was making $75k annually, plus bonus, which ranged from anywhere between $2k and $10k.
    2. The work can get repetitive after a few years
    3. I often felt like Huron was developing me into a strong Huron employee, not a strong consultant and/or leader in general. Granted, they are not responsible for overall personal and professional development, but as a young person I wanted more so that I would be better prepared for my next career.