Huron Consulting Group - Long Hours, Hard Work, Good Pay, No Work Life Balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huron Consulting Group

"Long Hours, Hard Work, Good Pay, No Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Consulting Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has a great corporate culture. There are multiple projects that you can be a part of, and if you are willing to take initiative you will be promoted. The benefits are good, and with the amount of travel you will easily build up hotel and airline points that will allow you to take free trips around the globe in no time. Huron also has a lot of smart people. I've never worked with someone I didn't think was sharp.

Cons

The travel is awful. While you may think you are prepared for if you have never done it....trust me you aren't. If you have a family that is use to you being at home, this job is not for you. While the pay is good, you probably should get paid more for the amount of hours you actually put in. This company also doesn't have many minorities. Chances are if you happen to be a person of color you will be the only one on any given project......Also lots of turnover. People get hired, fired, or quit pretty regularly, but thats the nature of the industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to place people in roles where they can be effective, and focus a bit more on diversity.

Other Employee Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

1. "Great job out of school, lots of training and good work/life balance."

Current Employee - Technical Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training is great out of school and salary is competitive for a first-job.

Cons

I've been at the company for years and have been promoted, but I still have to meet with my supervisor once a week--everyone does. I feel like I'm being baby sat and will be leaving very soon.

2. "Healthcare groups vary significantly"

Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to travel and learn a lot quickly

Cons

There is a lot of variation between the different healthcare group. Some are management very well and have very structured teams and project objectives. Others are a total mess and often go to projects not know what their role is. Also, some groups promote often within their group, and others leave analysts and associates in their levels for years with no promotion in sight.

Advice to Management

Leverage your lower level employees. Be sure to give credit where credit is due. Promote from within- it will greatly improve team morale.