Huxley - Fast-paced, fun-people, many rewards, interesting clients and candidates. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Huxley

"Fast-paced, fun-people, many rewards, interesting clients and candidates."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Definitely opportunities for making some good money if you can excel as a recruiter. This is a sales job so do not mistake it as nothing else. The fun party about this sales job is that your products are other human beings who all have good stories. It is a game of chess finding the right candidate to match a particular position. The environment is young and fun. There are penty of incetives for those that can produce. From monthly outings to trip to Las Vegas and Miami.

Cons

You will be on the phone at least 4 hours a day - trying to find the right candidate, talking to clients, finding new clients, setting up interviews, etc. If you can't handle deadlines, sales targets, and heavy phone times, then your chances of success are slim.

Advice to Management

Stop saying that the job is easy, if it where, the majority of the recruiters would be Top Billers.

Other Employee Reviews for Huxley

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, lots of money

Cons

Sold as meritocratic, in reality, both tenure, meritocracy and favoritism count

Advice to Management

Do not pick favorites. It supposed to be a meritocracy, so treat it like one

2. "Professional Growth, Great Friends, and Plenty of CASH"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Huxley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office culture and training are definitely two of the best parts of working for Huxley. Everyone in the office gets along and wants as much success as possible for each other. The training that the senior managers and recruiters provide from day 1 is incredible and definitely allows us to provide a service above and beyond our competitors!!

Cons

Challenges are a matter of perception, right? I love this job, so I'm willing to extra-mile it, but a few things that might turn off the average employee - cold calling, extra hours, and a lower-than-average base. Here's the thing, if you want to be successful in sales, learning how to do an effective cold-call is GOING to happen; deal with it or don't apply. The same goes for extra hours. This isn't an average 9-5 job; its a 9-10-11-12 hour day sometimes but the phrase "work hard play harder" wasn't invented without cause. The compensation... well, no one takes a sales job for the base. Starting at $40K can be tough, especially if it means you're taking a pay cut. But, put your head down and work hard and you'll be earning commission in no time - it only took me 6 weeks on contracts and 4 weeks on perm to get my first deals in.

Advice to Management

Revisit the perm consultant compensation structure. It's illogical and hard to follow and would be much easier to figure out a flat-rate commission structure. Also, if there is a way to move the payout date so it's not the end of the month after the start date that would be great!