Hyatt - Hyatt has been good to me | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

"Hyatt has been good to me"

Current Employee - Assistant Event Services Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Assistant Event Services Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, job security, I feel valued and it's a good work culture. Embraces diversity which I think is important considering the current state of affairs in the US right now. They moved Assistant Managers to hourly so we can earn overtime but we didn't see a decrease in pay from what we were making. I feel I'm making more, as long as I continue working hard. I have opportunities to grow and gain experience in different areas of the hotel to feel more well-rounded. I'm certain I'm happier here than associates at competing hotels - I think more emphasis is placed on care in general.

Cons

Lately a lot of focus on cutting spending and labor which makes sense but it doesn't align well with the care culture we are supposed to provide for our guests and our associates. You need to be fully staffed and compensate fairly to provide excellent service and I feel like cutting heavily and having too aggressive a budget doesn't leave hourly associates feeling secure or us managers feeling supported - more stretched thin. But I imagine it feels like this in hotels everywhere right now.

Advice to Management

Keep us fully staffed and provide us with the tools we need so we can deliver for the guest. It doesn't help our brand (smaller than Hilton and Marriot) which depends on authentic and exceptional service to spread associates and middle-managers so thin that we can't do our jobs to the best of our ability. That's also how you see manager turnover which has to cost quite a bit of money. Truly care about your teams and we will perform for you and stay with the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

1. "Best of the best"

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environtment and great values

Cons

With any hospitality career, work/life is difficult to maintain

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "Front desk"

I have been working at Hyatt full-time

Pros

Good discounts on rooms at other hotels.

Cons

Complete lack of maturity and training.