Hyatt - Director of Sales | Glassdoor

"Director of Sales"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing
Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Hyatt full-time

Pros

Great off-property training opportunities, as well as great Hyatt Corporate trainers who travel to your property to ensure the best possible business practices.

Cons

Sometimes smaller properties get overlooked for larger ones... As could be the case with any organization.

Advice to Management

Streamline communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

1. "On the Move in Florida"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to mover around the country, meet lots of new people, free and discounted rooms. The ability to be promoted in 8-months. You get to learn the different aspects of all the departments in your division. The pay is ok, I think they are at least in the top 5 for salaries. The hours can be long but you do get comp days if you work 6 days or more during the week.

Cons

There are days you could work up to 17 hrs or more, which means less time at home with family and friends. The more you move up and around with the company all your friends tend to be with those you work with because they work the same crazy schedule you do. To get the positions you want to further your career you do have to move to a different city or state which can be hard if you are married and have kids. And really hard if your spouse has a job that is not relocatable or pays better than yours. Also it not as easy to sell a house these days so that is something else to think about so if you find yourself in that situation you maybe stuck there for awhile.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the company open up new hotels or run Hyatt managed hotels in markets where the other big 3-4 other chains are. Also remove the ceiling pay for management positions, a lot of good managers are turning down positions because their pay is higher than the position they are going for. Getting a promotion and no is not a good feeling and does not support the Hyatt saying of the only way to get paid more is to get promoted and be ready to move around every 1-2 yrs. Need to change the employee review system either make the scoring system 1-5 instead of the 1-3, a we ask them to give us all 5's on the Q12 and they say why, all I got was all two's and 2-3 three's on my review.

2. "Great company, loves to promote from within."

I worked at Hyatt (More than 5 years)

Pros

Travel perks surpass those of the competitors. Great opportunity to get promoted from within.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Do a better job in retaining some of your outstanding associates.