Hyatt - My experience with Hyatt has been amazing and challenging at the same time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

"My experience with Hyatt has been amazing and challenging at the same time."

Pros

Career growth is one of the best reasons to work for Hyatt. Leaders in the organization want their employees to be successful.

Cons

The hours in the hospitality company can be long, but this is applies to the entire industry not just Hyatt.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. They have a lot of great ideas and provide valuable feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

"Don't count on the same standard internationally"

Former Employee - Staff in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Staff in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working for Hyatt North America is an amazing experience. These Hyatts embodied the core values and there is dignity and respect

Cons

Having been so happy with Hyatt N.A I decided to try Hyatt International S.W. Asia to be specific , now I don't know if it is like that throughout S.W.Asia but considering it was a new property and most of HR and senior Mgmt came form other Hyatts in the region, you can understand why I may think so. There was little value of the most valuable asset the staff and so many problems with HR and the way staff was treated that I did not walk away but ran. This has tainted my experience with Hyatt. Will I work with Hyatt again? ... maybe Hyatt North America made me proud to be a part of it . Will I work for Hyatt S. W. Asia ? ... not if you put a gun to my head. Imagine I left my job without even getting another one just to give you an idea of how unbearable it was. Oh and let's not even begin to talk about my departure experience which was filled with lies and situations which were downright illegal. I was told my visa took two weeks to cancel please note it takes two days.

Advice to Management

Please look at the treatment of staff in your new properties there are people handling HR departments with no clue, don't go and talk to the management about the hotel talk to the staff, walk around ask to see the accommodations, get real feedback not from the Senior Management, they will tell you what will make them look good.

2. "Great work experience and great people to work with"

Former Employee - Waitress/Clerk in Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands)
    Former Employee - Waitress/Clerk in Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands)

I worked at Hyatt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits for Full time employees, they give positive and constructive criticism, and they help you reach your goal (i.e. if you want to cross train, work your way up, etc).

Cons

Not much benefits for part-time/casual employees