Hyatt - As a part of Hyatt, your treated the with the same level of hospitality as if you were a guest! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

"As a part of Hyatt, your treated the with the same level of hospitality as if you were a guest!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt is more than a company its a family. The people here truly care about one another and look to help in any way possible. As an overall company there is a strong emphaisis on internal development and promoting from within. Transfer and travel opportunities are endless and every manager I have had does whatever they can to help get me to the next level.

Cons

It can be hard to tell the difference between some of the brands Hyatt has, (ie. Regency vs Grand, vs Andaz) this can make it tougher to determine which is the best fit for you. I guess you can just work your way through all of them!

Advice to Management

Keep developing the talent from within. There are to many companies that over look the potential talent that is already in the company. Kudos to the way you take care of your own.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

"Banquet Server"

Current Employee - Banquet Server in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for young college kids who have a degree in Hospitality Management and don't care if the pay is low. There are good people there. Wide back hallways that make for good working areas. Good stewarding staff that supports our department. I believe the guests generally have a good experience with Hyatt. Our department manager is generally very cooperative about honoring day off requests. Our department head generally makes good decisions. It is a beautiful property.

Cons

The hotel is very stingy with employee hotel comps -- I have been able to get a comp room about one time out of ten tries for my trips over the past two and a half years. Even when there is space available, Hyatt often tries to grab an extra $120.00 or so per night. Extremely low pay for banquet servers -- compared to cities with a cost of living only 50% more like Chicago or Los Angeles, we make one-third of what they earn. The hotel keeps all the banquet tips (of the 22% service charge amounts) and lets misinformed meeting planners prohibit tip jars on banquet bars. Room Service and lobby bar employees are cheated out of tips with unfair tip-pool/wage formulas. Most employees work two or three jobs to maintain a reasonable quality of life because the pay is so low. Unlike some hotels, ours charges $1.50 for employee meals (the food is lousy to mediocre). Those of us who drive, pay $2.50 to $5.00 a day for parking -- some in our department can only afford to take the bus instead of affording a car. Roaches -- we have severe problems with roaches and back-of-the-house drains. Unlike most hotel banquet servers in the US, we have to haul and set-up various specialized banquet tables. About 50% of supervisors and managers, even upper managers, have very little on-the-job experience and/or lack common sense. Employees are often talked down to and are subject to many frivolous write-ups that are routinely rubber stamped by upper management when challenged. We are told by management that if employees discuss their dissatisfactions with their jobs among fellow staff members, that it may be considered "harassment."

Advice to Management

Stop stealing our tips. Pay us a decent wage. Hire more competent managers and supervisors.

2. "I felt very valued as an employee"

Former Employee - Front Desk in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management support, Team environment, Nice working environment. Good food for employees.

Cons

Managers work long hours for little compensation. Line employee can make more money than managers.

Advice to Management

Look at compensation for managers who are willing to work long hours.