Hyatt - It was a great experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

"It was a great experience."

Current Intern - Corporate Intern in Chicago, IL
Current Intern - Corporate Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great culture and structure.

Cons

The corporate layout makes the experience less collaborative and very quiet atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with the hotels themselves more to really get to know the customers and see how management is doing within the hotels. Recruit better for management in hotels.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

"Hyatt is the place to be, but be careful where you start..."

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family considerate, hotel perks, genuinely nice people, challenging, room for advancement

Cons

Pay could be better, dysfunctional at times, stressful due to lack of ownership or accountability at times, dwells on things and then gets passed by.

Advice to Management

Upper manAgement should connect more with their employees and understand their needs and gripes. Also use resources for what they are good at instead of putting people into situations where they may be unsuccessful. Also, career pathing is key to success for all involved.

"They will take advantage of you."

Former Employee - Gallery Host in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Gallery Host in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers, scent in the gallery, insurance plan, discounted room benefits, work ambiente

Cons

Incompetent Management, inflexible work-times, cronyism, ugly uniforms, terrible scheduling

Advice to Management

Check in with your General Managers and see what kind of relationships they have with the people who are supposed to supervise them.
    People were treated very unfairly and favoritism towards certain people was so openly displayed that all we could do was quit on the spot. Bonuses were taken away from us according to management coming straight from corporate. Employees soon lost any form of motivation due to this.
    Gallery Hosts should not do EVERYTHING. This is also something that will turn away guests when they realize that the Gallery Host who checked them in, then unclogged their toilet will also make their food. I always washed my hands thoroughly and wore two layers of rubber gloves when prepping food, but not even an infinite amount of rubber gloves could make me eat food prepped by somebody who just unclogged a toilet. It is quite frankly disgusting.