Hyatt - Guest Service Manager- Park Hyatt | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

"Guest Service Manager- Park Hyatt"

Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great growth and transfer opportunities for management.

Cons

Surprisingly, Hyatt has one of the most outdated and inefficient software/computer systems in the industry. The orientation and training for all employees is sub par compared to that of InterContinental and Four Seasons. Average hotel benefits. Worst of all, Hyatt had the least life-work balance for salary employees than any of the 5 major brands I have worked for. Very time demanding. HORRIBLE - I mean, the absolute worst employee provided "meals" I have ever encountered.

Advice to Management

Modernize systems, incorporate more inspiring, useful training and ongoing education. Improve life/work balance for your managers.Value your employees and feed them better and offer better employee facilities. What a joke.

Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt

1. "Better be a Multitasker"

Current Employee - Gallery Host in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - Gallery Host in Chester, VA

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No shortage of hours as a Gallery Host

Cons

Depending on the property you are at: lack of help a.k.a. co-workers. There have been plenty of times where I have been the only one at the desk with no housemen, manager, nada. Left to take orders, file maintenance complaints, answer calls, make reservations and bartend. It can be overwhelming at times.

2. "Fun"

Former Employee - Housekeeping in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Housekeeping in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo, NY. I was in Housekeeping and the staff worked great together. For the most part, it was a well balanced staff.

Cons

Management had a high turnaround in every department there. Although the "back bone" of staff worked great together, management changed so frequently that the employees had a hard time adjusting to the comings and goings of management every few months.

Advice to Management

At one time, there was a very productive staff. Which includes management and hourly workers who worked together as a team. Management needs to get back to the basics of taking care of it's staff.